Monash University’s Mojo Correspondent project is an award winning student journalism program. Here are some of our achievements.
- Ossie Award for Best Video Story over 2 minutes. Student: Sally Hayles. Story: Fishing for a Future. Study tour: Cambodia 2016.
- Ossie Award for Best Investigative Journalism. Students: Mikaela Day and Alice Pohlner. Story: Domestic Violence in Cambodia series. Study tour: Cambodia 2016.
- Mojo Award for Best TV Story from Monash University’s School of Journalism. Student: Sally Hayles. Story: Fishing for a Future. Study tour: Cambodia 2016.
- Better Teaching, Better Learning Photography Award from Monash University. Student: Mikaela Day. Study tour: Cambodia 2016.
- Monash University’s Faculty of Arts award for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning. Teacher: Nick Parkin.
- Monash University’s School of Media, Film and Journalism Education Award. Teacher: Nick Parkin.
The following Mojo Correspondent related content has been published in the mainstream media:
- ABC News (Television & Online). Doctors turn to 3D printing to source medical supplies in earthquake-recovering Nepal. Study tour: Nepal 2016. Reporter: Nick Parkin.
- ABC News (Television & Online). Karmaflights: Paragliding the Himalayas to raise money for earthquake-recovering Nepal. Study tour: Nepal 2016. Reporter: Nick Parkin.
- ABC News (Online). Gender inequality in India leaving women standing alone. Study tour: India 2017. Reporters: Stephanie Chen and Hareem Khan.
- SBS (Online – Khmer). Ending domestic violence in Cambodia’s rural areas: the case of Wat village. Study tour: Cambodia 2016. Reporter: Mikaela Day.
- What's it like being a woman vendor in Asia's largest spice market? http://t.co/kuvhS2wk37 5 days ago
- Mojo Correspondent gained access to the world's largest school lunch factory in India. Watch our video report here: http://t.co/ZZJhGaLam1 4 weeks ago
- Half of India's population lacks access to a toilet, putting girls at risk of rape when they relieve themselves. http://t.co/mTMSzQS4dG 6 months ago